GIVAT SHEMUEL (Heb. גִּבְעַת שְׁמוּאֵל), town in central Israel, located east of *Bene-Berak on land purchased from the Arab village of Ibn-Ibrāk. Givat Shemuel was founded in 1944 by a group of Romanian Jews, with a committee running the settlement as an association. In 1948, with the expansion of the settlement and the creation of the new neighborhood of Kiryat Yisrael, the association became a municipal council. Over the years additional neighborhoods were built and by the end of 2002 the population of Givat Shemuel had grown to 15,200 in a mixed religious and secular population, on a land area of 1.4 sq. mi. (3.5 sq. km.). The town is named after Samuel *Pineles, a Romanian Zionist leader.
[Shaked Gilboa (2nd ed.)]
"Givat Shemuel." Encyclopaedia Judaica. . Encyclopedia.com. (December 18, 2018). https://www.encyclopedia.com/religion/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/givat-shemuel
"Givat Shemuel." Encyclopaedia Judaica. . Retrieved December 18, 2018 from Encyclopedia.com: https://www.encyclopedia.com/religion/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/givat-shemuel