GIVAT ḤEN (Heb. גִּבְעַת חֵ״ן), moshav in central Israel near *Ra'ananah, affiliated with Tenu'at ha-Moshavim, founded in November 1933 in the framework of the "Thousand Families Settlement Scheme" by settlers from Eastern Europe who had become agricultural workers in Ra'ananah. They began by developing auxiliary farms which later became full-fledged farmsteads mainly based on citriculture, vegetable gardens, and dairy cattle. Later, some of the farmers went into organic farming. In 2002 the moshav's population was 331. The moshav's name is composed of the initials of Ḥayyim Naḥman*Bialik's first names.
[Efraim Orni /
Shaked Gilboa (2nd ed.)]