Updated About content Print Article Share Article
views updated

chambranle. Frame-like embellishments around apertures such as doors, fireplaces, niches, and windows, the equivalent of an architrave, and having the same profile as the entablature architrave. Its vertical sides are ascendants and the lintel-top is the transverse.

More From

You Might Also Like