AMMINADAV (Heb. עַמִּינָדָב), moshav S.W. of Jerusalem. It was founded in 1950 as a work village whose settlers were primarily employed as laborers for *Jewish National Fund land reclamation. The settlers came from Turkey, Morocco, or were Israeli-born. The village economy was based on hillculture (vineyards, deciduous fruit, vegetables) and poultry. In the vicinity the John F. Kennedy Memorial was built and a great deal of afforestation work done. Amminadav's population in the mid-1990s was approximately 400 but due to its location near Jerusalem many new families settled there, bringing the population up to 595 in 2002. The moshav's name derives from a prince of the Judah tribe, the father of Nahshon.