Register House

views updated

Register House (Princes Street, Edinburgh) contains the Scottish national archives. It was built by Robert Adam and was in use by 1778, though completion took many years. One of the finest features is the magnificent dome. The equestrian statue of the duke of Wellington, facing North bridge, is by Sir John Steele and was erected in 1852.

J. A. Cannon

About this article

Register House

Updated About content Print Article