Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary
MISSIONARY SISTERS OF THE HOLY ROSARY
(MSHR, Official Catholic Directory, #2730); founded, 1924 in Killeshandra, Ireland, by Bp. Joseph Shanahan, CSSp (papal approval 1938). Members engage in educational, medical, and pastoral ministries. The congregation has established foundations in Europe, North America and Africa. The generalate is in Dublin, Ireland. The U.S. headquarters is in Bryn Mawr, Pa.
Bibliography: j. p. jordan, Bishop Shanahan of Southern Nigeria (Dublin 1949). t. ronayne, "Great Irish Missionary: Dr. Joseph Shanahan, C.S.Sp.," The Irish Ecclesiastical Record 63 (April 1944) 228–236. m. o'carroll, Edward Leen, C.S.Sp. (Westminster, Md. 1953).
[m. g. wilson/eds.]