GINNEGAR (Heb. גִּנֵּיגַר), kibbutz on the northern rim of the Jezreel Valley, Israel, S.W. of Nazareth, affiliated to Iḥud ha-Kevuẓot ve-ha-Kibbutzim. It was founded in 1922 by pioneers of the Third Aliyah. Its settlers had previously set up kibbutz Deganyah Gimmel in the Jordan Valley. Ginnegar was one of the earliest Jezreel Valley settlements, and in the initial years of struggle, the settlers were employed in the planting of the Balfour Forest, at the time the largest *Jewish National Fund forest in the country, located on the slopes above the kibbutz. The kibbutz economy was based on highly intensive farming and it owned a factory manufacturing plastic products. In 2002 its population was 448. Ginnegar is a historical name mentioned, in forms like Neginegar (נְגִינֵגַר) in the Talmud (tj, Er. 1:9, 19c; Kil. 4:4, 29b; et al.), and is preserved in the Arabic name of the site Jinjār.