Colonial National Historical Park
Colonial National Historical Park, 9,350 acres (3,785 hectares), SE Va., mainly on the peninsula between the York and James rivers; created 1930 as Colonial National Monument, renamed 1936. The park embraces a historic region that includes Yorktown, Jamestown, Williamsburg, and Cape Henry (added 1939; see Henry, Cape); the Colonial Parkway, part of the park, links the three old towns. Yorktown National Cemetery is within the park. Archaeological and historical studies as well as reconstruction of old places of interest have been done in the park. See National Parks and Monuments (table).