Blackhall, Andrew, Scottish composer; b. 1535 or 1536; d. Jan. 31, 1609. He was canon at the Abbey of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh, and then was made minister in Liberton (1564), Ormiston (1567), and at the Inveresk parish Church in Musselburgh (1574). In 1582 he was granted a pension by King James VI. His extant works comprise 2 anthems, Psalms, a canticle, and a part song.
—Laura Kuhn/Dennis McIntire