YARKONAH (Heb. יַרְקוֹנָה), moshav in central Israel, in the southern Sharon south of Hod ha-Sharon. Yarkonah was founded in 1932 by veteran farm laborers of the "illegal" immigration and *Third Aliyah who, in the initial years, developed their homesteads and farms while continuing to earn their livelihood as hired laborers. After the *War of Independence (1948), two more moshavim, Adanim and Neveh Yarak, were established in the neighborhood. In 1970, Yarkonah had 110 inhabitants, in the mid-1990s the population grew to approximately 150, and in 2002 to 272. Its farming consisted mainly of citrus groves.