MIẒPAH (Heb. מִצְפָּה; "lookout point"), moshavah in northern Israel, W. of Tiberias, founded in 1908 by Second *Aliyah pioneers from Russia, on *Jewish Colonization Association (ica) land. For many years the small village, based on mixed farming, preserved its original layout of closely grouped farmsteads interconnected by a surrounding basalt wall. It only began to expand after it was connected to a water line in 1979, its population increasing from 39 in 1968 to 167 in 2002.
[Efram Orni /
Shaked Gilboa (2nd ed.)]