KEFAR HA-RO'EH כְּפַר הָדֹאֶ״ה), moshav in the Ḥefer Plain, Israel, affiliated to Ha-Po'el ha-Mizrachi Moshavim Association, founded in 1934 by pioneers from Eastern Europe. It became a spiritual center for the religious moshavim in the country. In 1968, Kefar ha-Ro'eh had 860 inhabitants including the students in its yeshivah, which was the study institute of the *Bnei Akiva youth movement. Its population rose to approximately 1,050 in the mid-1990s and 1,430 in 2002. Its economy was based on intensive farming, such as poultry, dairy cattle, citrus (mainly citrons), and flowers. The moshav's name is composed of the initials of Rabbi Avraham ha-Kohen *Kook.
[Efraim Orni /
Shaked Gilboa (2nd ed.)]