67. Bestiality (See also Perversion.)
- Asterius Minotaur born to Pasiphaë and Cretan Bull. [Gk. Myth.: Zimmerman, 34]
- Leda raped by Zeus in form of swan. [Gk. Myth.: Zimmerman, 149]
- Lucius transformed into ass, makes love with harlot. [Rom. Lit.: The Golden Ass ]
- Pasiphaë positioned inside hollow cow, consummates lust for bull. [Gk. Myth.: Hall, 234; Gk. Lit.: Imagines 1:16]
- Zeus in form of a swan, seduces and impregnates Leda. [Gk. Myth.: Zimmerman, 149]
bes·ti·al·i·ty / ˌbēschēˈalitē; ˌbes-/ • n. 1. savagely cruel or depraved behavior: there seems no end to the bestiality of human beings.2. sexual intercourse between a person and an animal.
Sexual relations between a human being and an animal.
At common law, bestiality was considered a crime against nature and was punishable by death.
Today, it is prohibited by statutes in most states as a form of sodomy. The penalty for committing the offense is a fine, imprisonment, or both.