TEL ADASHIM (Heb. תֵּלעֲדָשִׁים), moshav in northern Israel, in the Jezreel Valley 3 mi. (5 km.) north of Afulah, affiliated with Tenu'at ha-Moshavim. In 1913, the site became Jewish property and members of *Ha-Shomer set up a camp there. In 1923 pioneers from Eastern Europe and Ha-Shomer veterans founded the moshav, which expanded after the *War of Independence (1948) with the settlement of new immigrants. In 1970 Tel Adashim numbered 400; in 2002, 477, with expansion subsequently underway. Farming consisted principally of flower growing. Other sources of livelihood were guest rooms, an events garden, and a hydraulic equipment plant. The name, literally "hill of lentils," was adapted from the Arabic name of the site.
[Efram Orni /
Shaked Gilboa (2nd ed.)]