REGBAH (Heb. רֶגְבָּה), moshav shittufi in N. Israel 2½ mi. (4 km.) S. of Nahariyyah, affiliated with Tenu'at ha-Moshavim. Regbah was founded by veteran soldiers of World War ii, some of them Israel-born and some from Central Europe and other countries (1946). The village had highly intensive and fully irrigated farming (field crops, citrus groves, avocado plantations, poultry, cattle) and two factories, for kitchen cabinets and closets and for plastics. In 1969 Regbah had 311 inhabitants; in 2002, 548. Its name is derived from regev which means "clod of earth."
[Efraim Orni /
Shaked Gilboa (2nd ed.)