BAT SHELOMO (Heb. בַּת שְׁלֹמֹה; "Daughter of Solomon"), Israel moshav in the Manasseh Hills northeast of Zikhron Ya'akov. It was founded in June 1889 by the administration of Baron Edmond de *Rothschild, to provide farmsteads for children of Zikhron Ya'akov settlers. The small village, with wine grapes as its principal branch of farming, made little progress. After the establishment of the State of Israel, immigrants from Hungary and Yemen settled in Bat Shelomo. In the mid-1990s the population was approximately 275, rising to 365 in 2002. The village was named for Baron James (Jacob) Rothschild's wife, whose father was Solomon Mayer Rothschild of Vienna.