Coshocton (kəshŏk´tən), city (1990 pop. 12,193), seat of Coshocton co., central Ohio, where the Tuscarawas and Walhonding rivers meet to form the Muskingum; inc. 1833. Its diverse manufactures include products made from paper, rubber, plastic, and enamel. The site was laid out in 1802 and called Tuscarawas; in 1811 it was renamed Coshocton and made the county seat. Of interest is the Roscoe Village, a restored canal town on the Ohio-Erie Canal.
"Coshocton." The Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed.. . Encyclopedia.com. (November 18, 2018). https://www.encyclopedia.com/reference/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/coshocton
"Coshocton." The Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed.. . Retrieved November 18, 2018 from Encyclopedia.com: https://www.encyclopedia.com/reference/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/coshocton