Giulio Campi (jōō´lyō käm´pē), c.1500–c.1572, Italian painter and architect, founder of a school of painters at Cremona. He was a pupil of his father, Galeazzo Campi (c.1475–1536), a well-known painter, and of Giulio Romano, and he studied the works of Correggio and Raphael. Giulio produced many excellent altarpieces and frescoes in Milan, Mantua, and Cremona; the frescoes in the Church of Santa Margherita, Cremona, are entirely his work. Among his pupils were his two brothers, Cavaliere Antonio Campi, b. before 1536, d. 1591, painter, architect, and historian of Cremona, and Vincenzo Campi, 1532–91, whose works consist principally of portraits and still-life pieces. Another brother was Bernardino Campi, 1522–c.1590, a painter of great skill with a vigorous and original style, excelling in fresco painting and portraiture. Bernardino's most important work is the series of biblical frescoes in the cupola of San Sigismondo, Cremona, a work of colossal dimensions admirably executed.