BITAN AHARON (Heb. בִּיתָן אַהֲרֹן), moshav in central Israel, in the Ḥefer Plain, affiliated with Tenu'at ha-Moshavim, founded in 1936 by pioneers from East and Central Europe. Its economy was based principally on citrus plantations. It also had a summer vacation center and a rest home for civil servants. In 2002 the population of Bitan Aharon was 505. The village is named after the Canadian Zionist Aharon (Archibald J.) Freiman.