Updated About encyclopedia.com content Print Article Share Article
views updated

ridge-tile. Tile, often like a half-cylinder, but sometimes angular and decorated with cresting. Also called a crown-tile or a ridge-roll, it is used to cover the joints between pitched roofs at a ridge or hip. In the latter case it is called a hip-roll or hip-tile.

More From encyclopedia.com

You Might Also Like