Powell & Moya.
British architectural firm established by ( Sir) ( Arnold Joseph) Philip Powell (1921–2003) and John Hidalgo Moya (1920–94) in 1946 to carry out the Pimlico Housing Scheme (now Churchill Gardens), London (1946–62), much influenced by the International Modernist
style. Their ‘Skylon’ vertical monument for the Festival of Britain
(1951—destroyed) received much publicity at the time. Subsequently they designed hospitals, swimming-baths, and other buildings including the Chichester Festival Theatre (1961–2). The firm's much-admired work at Oxford and Cambridge included a building at Brasenose College, Oxford (1962), the Cripps Building, St John's College, Cambridge (1963–7), Blue Boar Quad
and Picture Gallery, Christ Church, Oxford (1966–8), Magpie Lane Annexe, Corpus Christi
College, Oxford (1968–9), Wolfson College, Oxford (1972–4), and Cripps Court, Queen's College, Cambridge (1976–8). They were also responsible for the Museum of London, London Wall, Barbican, London (1974–6), the Queen Elizabeth II
Conference Centre, Broad Sanctuary, Westminster, London (1980–6), and major redevelopment of the Great Ormond Street Hospital, London (1990–4).
P. Booth & and Taylor (1970);
The Times (7 May 2003);