See also 82. CITIES ; 212. HOUSES ; 381. SPACES .
- the incorrect assignment of an event to a location; an error in geography.
- the condition or state of being unusual or out of place. —anomaly, n.
- Rare. an abnormal fear of returning to familiar places.
- the innermost parts or deepest recesses of a place, thing, etc.
- sanctum sanctorum
- 1. the holy of holies; a place of great holiness.
- 2. a most private place.
- Rare. an abnormal fear of certain places. —topophobe, n.
- the condition or quality of being in a place or being located or situated; whereness or ubication.
- 1. Obsolete, location or situation.
- 2. the state or quality of being located or situated; ubeity or whereness.
More From encyclopedia.com
Holy , holy sacred (often in Christian phraseology). Holy City Jerusalem; (in Christian tradition) Heaven. Holy Cross Day the day on which the feast of the… Topo- , topo- comb. form of Gr. tópos place, locality. topography description of the features of a locality. XV. — late L. topographia — Gr. topographíā. So… Calvary , Calvary The site of the Crucifixion of Jesus, identified with Golgotha and the Place of the Skull (Mt 27.33; Mk 15.22; Jn 19.17). The Greek equivalen… Mollie , Mollie •drily, kylie, Riley, shyly, slyly, smiley, Smily, wily, wryly •idly • kindly • wifely • likely • timely •Christly •knightly, nightly, sightly… Location , location •ashen, fashion, passion, ration •abstraction, action, attraction, benefaction, compaction, contraction, counteraction, diffraction, enactio… Topography , Translated literally from its Greek roots of topos (place) and graphein (to write), topography means “the writing of place.” In modern usage, however…
About this article
Updated About encyclopedia.com content Print Article