See also 15. ANCESTORS ; 77. CHILDREN ; 153. FATHER ; 204. HEREDITY ; 281. MOTHER .
- the spiritual relationship between godparents, or between them and the actual parents of a child.
- 1. the f act or condition of being a son or daughter.
- 2. the relation of child to parent, especially father.
- 1. the killing of one’s mother.
- 2. a person who has killed his mother. —matricidal, adj.
- 1. the behavior of a parent.
- 2. the assumption by a nonparent of superior authority over a child; paternalism.
- Archaic. the performance of funeral rituals for one’s parents.
- the crime of parricide.
- 1. the act of killing one’s parent or other close relative.
- 2. a person who has killed his parent. —parricidal, adj.
- 1. the killing of one’s father.
- 2. a person who has killed his father. —patricidal, adj.
More From encyclopedia.com
Parenting , Parenting is the process by which adults socialize the infants, children, and adolescents in their care. Methods such as monitoring, emotional closen… Transition To Parenthood , Parenthood, Transition To In many cultures, the transition to parenthood takes place within a traditional marital relationship: When a woman becomes… Parent And Child , Parent-Child Relationships In two significant articles on parenting, W. Andrew Collins and his colleagues, writing in American Psychologist, and Elea… parent , parent •abeyant, mayn't •ambient, circumambient •gradient, irradiant, radiant •expedient, ingredient, mediant, obedient •valiant • salient • resilien… Parent Participation (education) , Although widespread support for parental involvement is reflected in current educational policies and practices, what this means is not always clear.… Child Custody , The care, control, and maintenance of a child, which a court may award to one of the parents following adivorceor separation proceeding. Under most c…
About this article
Updated About encyclopedia.com content Print Article
You Might Also Like