Michael (1778–1862) studied under his brother and became James Wyatt's assistant before travelling in India and China. He was later employed as a draughtsman by Wyatville, and, with Baud and Britton, published Architectural Illustrations of Windsor Castle (1842). John Peter (1787–1850)—who changed his name to Deering in 1828—was a pupil of James Wyatt, and in 1811–13 travelled to Greece and Asia Minor with Sir William Gell and Francis Octavius Bedford for the Society of Dilettanti: the results of the journey were published as Unedited Antiquities of Attica (1817) and Volume III of Antiquities of Ionia (1840). He co-authored (with Gell) Pompeiana (1817–19), an important work on the excavations. He was regarded as an authority on Greek architecture, and designed the handsome St Mark's Church, North Audley Street, London (1825–8), which was typical of his scholarly approach. Other works by him include the Tudor Gothic Infirmary, Stamford, Lincs. (1826–8), the County Gaol, Cardiff, Glamorgan (1827–32), and houses in South Street, Mayfair, London (c.1828–30).
Summerson (ed.) (1963)
"Gandy Brothers." A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture. . Encyclopedia.com. (October 20, 2018). http://www.encyclopedia.com/education/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/gandy-brothers
"Gandy Brothers." A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture. . Retrieved October 20, 2018 from Encyclopedia.com: http://www.encyclopedia.com/education/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/gandy-brothers