Kłodzko (klôts´kô), Ger. Glatz, town (1994 est. pop. 30,600), Dolnośląskie prov., SW Poland. It is a commercial center with lumber and textile mills, metalworks, and sugar refineries. Founded in the 10th cent., it was capital of a county created in 1462. It was seized by Frederick II of Prussia in the War of the Austrian Succession and was formally ceded to Prussia in 1745. It was returned to Poland in 1945.
"Kłodzko." The Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed.. . Encyclopedia.com. (September 19, 2018). http://www.encyclopedia.com/reference/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/klodzko
"Kłodzko." The Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed.. . Retrieved September 19, 2018 from Encyclopedia.com: http://www.encyclopedia.com/reference/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/klodzko