See also 416. WEAPONRY .
- arbalist, arbalest
- a crossbowman. Also arcubalist.
- A form of divination in which marks or words are placed on arrows which are then drawn from a quiver at random.
- 1. pertaining to archery.
- 2. resembling an arrow; sagittate.
- shaped like an arrowhead, especially plant leaves shaped like elongated triangles.
More From encyclopedia.com
Shape , shape / shāp/ • n. 1. the external form or appearance characteristic of someone or something; the outline of an area or figure: she liked the shape o… Kithara , kithara. Ancient Gr. str. instr. shaped like lyre but plucked by fingers. Incus , incus The Latin incus, meaning ‘anvil’, used as a name for a supplementary cloud feature comprising the flattened, anvil-like shape of the top of cum… annulate , an·nu·late / ˈanyəlit; -ˌlāt/ • adj. chiefly Zool. having rings; marked with or formed of rings: an annulate worm. DERIVATIVES: an·nu·lat·ed adj. an·… mandorla , mandorla. Almond-shaped figure composed of two vertical arcs each passing through the other's centre, enclosing a panel, called aureole, halo, or ves… Chevron Marks , chevron marks A type of sole structure characterized by a linear pattern of small, V-shaped ridges formed by the dragging of an object over the surfa…
About this article
All Sources -
Updated About encyclopedia.com content Print Topic
You Might Also Like