Popular name for the Congregation of the Brothers of St. Patrick (FSP, Official Catholic Directory #1160), founded at Tullow, County Carlow, Ireland, in 1808 by Bp. Daniel Delany (1747–1814) of the Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin. The congregation, approved by Rome in 1893, engages in the apostolate of Christian education. The U.S. foundation was established in 1948, and headquartered in Midway City, Calif. The brothers work in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and Diocese of Orange.
Bibliography: Dr. Delany and the Patrician Brothers (Tullow, Ire. 1955).