MAẒLI'AḤ (Heb. מַצְלִיחַ), moshav in central Israel, near Ramleh, affiliated with Tenu'at ha-Moshavim. Founded in 1950 by *Karaites from Egypt, it was named after Sahal b. Maẓliaḥ, a Karaite leader who lived in Jerusalem, and it is one of the principal Karaite centers in Israel. In 1969 Maẓli'aḥ had 690 inhabitants, rising to 1,030 in 2002 after expansion. Residents earned their livelihoods in farming (about 20 active farms), small enterprises, and work outside the settlement.
[Efraim Orni /
Shaked Gilboa (2nd ed.)]