The mini-slide presentation offers the fly to 2 or 3 fish in different feeding lanes with the same cast. The fish must be progressively farther away from you in a downstream order.
- The rod is raised and repositioned to fish #2.
- The rod is lowered and line is fed out allowing the drag-free drift.
- With a single cast the angler can present the fly to several different fish.
- This method reduces the number of casts which minimizes alarming wary fish.
- With ease the angler can cast to pods of feeding fish.
"Mini-Slide Method." Fly Fishing: The Lifetime Sport. . Encyclopedia.com. (January 17, 2019). https://www.encyclopedia.com/local-interest/sports-fitness-recreation-and-leisure-magazines/mini-slide-method
"Mini-Slide Method." Fly Fishing: The Lifetime Sport. . Retrieved January 17, 2019 from Encyclopedia.com: https://www.encyclopedia.com/local-interest/sports-fitness-recreation-and-leisure-magazines/mini-slide-method