- Fogg, Phileas completes world circuit at exact minute he wagered he would. [Fr. Lit.: Around the World in Eighty Days ]
- Gilbreths disciplined family brought up to abide by strict, punctual standards. [Am. Lit.: Cheaper by the Dozen ]
- Jones, Casey legendary railroad engineer; crashes in attempt to arrive in “Frisco” on time. [Am. Folklore: Hart, 431]
- Linkinwater, Tim “punctual as the Counting House Dial.” [Br. Lit.: Nicholas Nickleby ]
- Old Faithful well-known geyser in Yellowstone Park; erupts every 64.5 minutes. [Am. Hist.: NCE, 3023]
"Punctuality." Allusions--Cultural, Literary, Biblical, and Historical: A Thematic Dictionary. . Encyclopedia.com. (May 22, 2018). http://www.encyclopedia.com/education/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/punctuality
"Punctuality." Allusions--Cultural, Literary, Biblical, and Historical: A Thematic Dictionary. . Retrieved May 22, 2018 from Encyclopedia.com: http://www.encyclopedia.com/education/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/punctuality
Encyclopedia.com gives you the ability to cite reference entries and articles according to common styles from the Modern Language Association (MLA), The Chicago Manual of Style, and the American Psychological Association (APA).
Within the “Cite this article” tool, pick a style to see how all available information looks when formatted according to that style. Then, copy and paste the text into your bibliography or works cited list.
Because each style has its own formatting nuances that evolve over time and not all information is available for every reference entry or article, Encyclopedia.com cannot guarantee each citation it generates. Therefore, it’s best to use Encyclopedia.com citations as a starting point before checking the style against your school or publication’s requirements and the most-recent information available at these sites:
Modern Language Association
The Chicago Manual of Style
American Psychological Association
- Most online reference entries and articles do not have page numbers. Therefore, that information is unavailable for most Encyclopedia.com content. However, the date of retrieval is often important. Refer to each style’s convention regarding the best way to format page numbers and retrieval dates.
- In addition to the MLA, Chicago, and APA styles, your school, university, publication, or institution may have its own requirements for citations. Therefore, be sure to refer to those guidelines when editing your bibliography or works cited list.
punctuality is the soul of business proverbial saying, mid 19th century.
"punctuality." The Oxford Dictionary of Phrase and Fable. . Encyclopedia.com. (May 22, 2018). http://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/punctuality
"punctuality." The Oxford Dictionary of Phrase and Fable. . Retrieved May 22, 2018 from Encyclopedia.com: http://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/punctuality