See also 77. CHILDREN ; 153. FATHER ; 281. MOTHER ; 307. PARENTS ; 418. WIFE .
- the condition of close relationship. Cf. consanguinity . See also 258. MARRIAGE .
- a relation through descent on the male side. Cf. cognate . —agnate, agnatic, adj.
- relationship through male descent. Cf. cognation .
- friendship or harmony between individuals or groups. Also called comity .
- a relation through descent on the female side. Cf. agnate . —cognate , —cognatic, adj.
- relationship through female descent. Cf. agnation . —cognate, adj.
- a thing or person of the same kind as another.
- blood relationship. Cf. affinity .
- cousins collectively or as a group or class.
- the maternal relationship.
- an heir, descendant, or successor, frequently an inferior successor.
- 1. the f act or condition of being a son or daughter.
- 2. the relation of child to parent, especially father.
- family relationship or other close tie or relationship.
- line of descent from an ancestor or ancestors; family or ancestry.
- descent through the female line, as in ancestry, inheritance, etc. —matrilineal, matrilinear, adj.
- relationship or descent through the male line, as in ancestry, inheritance, etc. —patrilineal, patrilinear, adj.
- Ancient Greece. fellowship or brotherhood bound by solemn oath.
"Relationship." -Ologies and -Isms. . Encyclopedia.com. (November 17, 2018). https://www.encyclopedia.com/education/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/relationship
"Relationship." -Ologies and -Isms. . Retrieved November 17, 2018 from Encyclopedia.com: https://www.encyclopedia.com/education/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/relationship