Updated About content Print Article Share Article
views updated

gallet. One of several slivers of stone, splinters of flint, spalls, or small pebbles inserted in the mortar-joints of a rubble wall to fill the gaps between stones and leave less mortar exposed. Hence galleting or garreting.

More From

You Might Also Like