- the condition of being infested by acarids or mites.
- a substance or preparation for killing mites or ticks.
- a substance for killing mites. —miticidal , adj.
- taeniacide, teniacide
- an agent or preparation for killing tapeworms. —taeniacidal, teniacidal , adj.
- taeniasis, teniasis
- infestation by tapeworms.
- the state or process of being infested with worms or vermin.
More From encyclopedia.com
Killing , Killing See also 112. DEATH . a place of bloodshed, so called after the field purchased by Judas with the bribe he received for betraying Christ. Rar… Kill ★★½ 1973 , kill1 / kil/ • v. [tr.] 1. cause the death of (a person, animal, or other living thing): her father was killed in a car crash| [intr.] a robber armed… Substance , No common statement on the nature of substance is acceptable to all philosophers, the more famous of whom range from a full treatment of its nature t… Fratricide , fratricide •backside, trackside •bedside • airside •Tayside, wayside •lakeside • stateside • graveside •quayside, seaside, Teesside •beachside • hill… Slaughter ★ 1972 (R) , slaugh·ter / ˈslôtər/ • n. the killing of animals for food. ∎ the killing of a large number of people or animals in a cruel or violent way; massacre:… Mercy Killing , mer·cy kill·ing • n. the killing of a patient suffering from an incurable and painful disease, typically by the administration of large doses of pain…
About this article
All Sources -
Updated Aug 08 2016 About encyclopedia.com content Print Topic
You Might Also Like
Inferno and Panic at Tropical Retreat; Volunteers Offer Aid as Bombing Casualties Overwhelm Hospitals